Fur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos?

+5
Jason_Alex
tony1695
BanditRingtail
Gabrielofcreosha
Envy661
9 posters

Go down

Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos? Empty Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos?

Post by Envy661 Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 am

With scientific theory being extremely limited these days, and scientists not thinking past earthly bounds, I would have to imagine that it is safe to assume anything may be possible.

That being said, what if we discovered a planet out there filled with Anthropomorphic creatures that resembled what we had hoped. What would you hope they would look like?

There are many anthro examples out there in the world, ranging from Twokinds and Las Lindas to Courage the Cowardly Dog and Tom and Jerry. Where would you wish to place this planet of anthros?

This thread serves two purposes:
To theorize the existence of said planet among the cosmos.
To examine how exactly we would hope the creatures of said planet would look.

In my personal opinion, the existence of a planet like that is possible, but unlikely to contain creatures resembling animals from our planet - domestic or otherwise. So I would suggest that the planet can exist, but not to out expectations.
To answer the second part of the question, I believe a planet with creatures resembling those from Twokinds would be best. One of the reasons why could suggest our own insecurities in such departments. Considering how long it has taken us to get over racism, with it still existing in the modern world, as well as us as a people treating animals as lesser, inferior creatures, I think any creature that would be seen as beneath human standards would be cast aside and ignored as a major entity, due to our own egocentric ways as a race. Therefore, the more human, the better we could get along.
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos? Empty Re: Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos?

Post by Gabrielofcreosha Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am

Well, we evolved from apes.... or was it salamanders? I've heard so much random "evoltion" talk it's tsarting to mush up. BUt I believe it is possible. Unlikely? NO. we came from apes, and look like them in some ways. Who's not to say that billions of years ago, after a big bang predating our own, a universe existed of furs? Possible. If not maybe a species is forming underneath our very noses which we will wake to find moving upon us with open arms, the word "Brother" being whispered as we make first contact. I could see that in many years our race's jeans will become unstable, as inbreeding is unavoidable, no family tree can go back thousands of years accurately. We might make a choice to ater ourseves slowly, things becoming farther and farther from humans slowly taking shape. I beleive that we will eventually see anthromorphs, be it a mistake, scientific breakthrough, or an invasio we must repel and trace back. I think they would be like flora, an almost neutral mix of "human" & "beast".
Gabrielofcreosha
Gabrielofcreosha
New Lone Fur

Registration date : 2011-03-14
Glomps : 1
Motto : If at first you don't suceed, use a higher caliber.
Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos? Empty Re: Could a Furry Planet exist out in the cosmos?

Post by BanditRingtail Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 am

I'm not a believer in evolution for certain theological reasons (which I'm not gonna get into in this thread), but I personally think it's possible. Why?

Take a look at a map of the universe sometime. They have them in many classrooms across the country, and probably the world. Y'know, the one that shows our solar system, galaxy, cluster, super-cluster and all that... and take a good look at the biggest part, with all those super-clusters arranged in a sphere.

Then note that little blurb they put in that says "this is the light boundary we cannot see past". I.E., there's a point past which we cannot see, as the light cannot travel from beyond it to our planet without gettin' lost somewhere along the way.

This means that our knowledge of the universe is very limited. We only know the fraction that we can see, and even that not very well. We don't even know what sized fraction it is! 1/10? 1/1000? 1/65,498,464,168??? We don't really know.

So, yeah, it's possible there are worlds out there with "furry" critters walking around the surface, with as many saints and sinners among them as we have. Or perhaps they lean one way or the other. But y'know what? We may never meet them. Not in this life. If heaven exists, surely God would call to all His creations to share in His joy and merriment, and those who answer may find some odd dinner partners indeed!

And that's my half-awake opinion on the subject. Poke me when someone replies to this.
BanditRingtail
BanditRingtail
New Lone Fur

Registration date : 2011-03-15
Glomps : 0
Motto : Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire.
Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy661 Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 am

BanditRingtail wrote:I'm not a believer in evolution for certain theological reasons (which I'm not gonna get into in this thread), but I personally think it's possible. Why?

Take a look at a map of the universe sometime. They have them in many classrooms across the country, and probably the world. Y'know, the one that shows our solar system, galaxy, cluster, super-cluster and all that... and take a good look at the biggest part, with all those super-clusters arranged in a sphere.

Then note that little blurb they put in that says "this is the light boundary we cannot see past". I.E., there's a point past which we cannot see, as the light cannot travel from beyond it to our planet without gettin' lost somewhere along the way.

This means that our knowledge of the universe is very limited. We only know the fraction that we can see, and even that not very well. We don't even know what sized fraction it is! 1/10? 1/1000? 1/65,498,464,168??? We don't really know.

So, yeah, it's possible there are worlds out there with "furry" critters walking around the surface, with as many saints and sinners among them as we have. Or perhaps they lean one way or the other. But y'know what? We may never meet them. Not in this life. If heaven exists, surely God would call to all His creations to share in His joy and merriment, and those who answer may find some odd dinner partners indeed!

And that's my half-awake opinion on the subject. Poke me when someone replies to this.

That actually made sense.... MY GOD A SMART FURRY!!! WE MUST KILL IT LIKE THE REST!

Gabrielofcreosha wrote:Well, we evolved from apes.... or was it salamanders? I've heard so much random "evoltion" talk it's tsarting to mush up. BUt I believe it is possible. Unlikely? NO. we came from apes, and look like them in some ways. Who's not to say that billions of years ago, after a big bang predating our own, a universe existed of furs? Possible. If not maybe a species is forming underneath our very noses which we will wake to find moving upon us with open arms, the word "Brother" being whispered as we make first contact. I could see that in many years our race's jeans will become unstable, as inbreeding is unavoidable, no family tree can go back thousands of years accurately. We might make a choice to ater ourseves slowly, things becoming farther and farther from humans slowly taking shape. I beleive that we will eventually see anthromorphs, be it a mistake, scientific breakthrough, or an invasio we must repel and trace back. I think they would be like flora, an almost neutral mix of "human" & "beast".

GAH! Another one! THEY ARE SPOUTING UP EVERYWHERE!

Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tony1695 Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 am

Here's how I reason my argument for the existence for intelligent life out 'there'.
The universe is infinitely huge. There is an infinite number of planets. Odds are, one of those has been, will be or is inhabited. Maybe not carbon-based, oxygen breathing lifeforms like on Earth, but you never know. Who's to say that one of these planets doesn't have something resembling anthros?
tony1695
tony1695
New Fur

Glomps : 5
Motto : Give me three minutes with an internet connection, and I will scar you for life!
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason_Alex Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 am

Simply put, yes.

More accurately put, probably not. It's possible, yes, but the probability is so amazingly poor that it's unlikely. A single furry species that shares some identifying traits with a recognizable terrestrial animal is possible, even plausible, but a planet full of different types of furry? No. There's a reason humans (and arguably dolphins) are the only fully sapient species on our planet. Top order predators don't like competition. And the dominant species in an ecosystem is always the top order predator. So when we find another sapient species out there, they're probably going to be the top order predator of their planet, and also will probably not want competition.

Jason_Alex
New Lone Fur

Registration date : 2011-03-17
Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuff Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 am

In fairness It's hard to see how other races would evolve on another planet. It's all well and good to say that there is only one sapient species on this planet but saying that'd be the way it'd always work in every other eco system that may or may not exist in the universe is just absurd.

Basing a theory on just one example is flimsy at best. At this stage we really just don't know of what possibilites lie out there in the great black.
Nuff
Nuff
New Lone Fur

Motto : What's a motto with you?
Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason_Alex Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:23 pm

We can draw that sort of inference from looking at smaller variations withon our own planet. In any given ecosystem, there is always a top order predator. Always. In the right ecosystem, it could be a bug. But it's the basic nature of the beast that it tries to ensure its own survival by removing competition for food, mates, space and other resources. The only reason there are predators left on Earth at all is some sense of preservation and balance.

It may be flimsy, but crying 'we don't know enough to have an opinion' is also pretty flimsy. It is possible, though even more amazingly unlikely, that two races could reach sapience, not exterminate each other, and reach civilization and world-population. And if you want to factor in the odds of both of those races sharing defining characteristics with Earth fauna as well as humanoid traits... well, I'd rather bet on winning three different lotteries, getting struck twice by lightning and getting eatan by a shark that is subsequently eaten by another shark, all in one day. It's all astronomically unlikely, given what we know about ecosystem development, the basic development of life on Earth, and the way animals and humans interact. Look how much trouble we have not blowing ourselves to oblivion, and we can at least say that we're all still one race, humanity. Two distinct species wouldn't even have that common ground to negotiate from.

Jason_Alex
New Lone Fur

Registration date : 2011-03-17
Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuff Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:50 pm

You can't possibly know what other species are capable of doing. It could be that two distinct races have a symbiotic relationship while gaining sapience where of course peace between them is a must. just because our eco system works a certain way doesn't mean that is the way something would work on a completely different planet somewhere else in the universe. And just because humanity of horrible, violent, uncivilised creatures doesn't mean other 'intelligent' races would follow suit. The possibilities are so endless that restricting them to the rules of our own world is just, to me, a little short sighted
Nuff
Nuff
New Lone Fur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzo08 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 am

Yes there is a possibility, however the PROBABILITY isnt therr at all.
Lizzo08
Lizzo08
Major Pack Supporter

Registration date : 2011-03-12
Motto : Just bitch's and hoe's.
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuff Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 am

Personally, I think it's quite probable
Nuff
Nuff
New Lone Fur

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:20 pm

EXTREMELY doubtful, but that doesn't mean we can't hope. I think that furries are more likely to develop here as our knowledge of genetic engineering increases. Eventually some scientist who happens to be a furry is going to be researching gene splicing, and create an anthropomorphic creature. I'd go into detail, but I'm out of PP for Wall of Text. Smile
Prometheus
Prometheus
Pack Supporter

Registration date : 2011-03-18
Motto : Just because a cake exists doesn't mean it isn't a lie...
Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Amazing Mr. X Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:23 am

If there is one, it's probably between Betelgeuse and Stavromula Beta. It could be just before the Restaurant at the end of the universe, but that's another thing entirely.

All I know is, if there is one out there, the Vogons will likely destroy it to make way for another hyperspace bypass.
Amazing Mr. X
Amazing Mr. X
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-22
Glomps : 6
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by tony1695 Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:23 am

Prometheus wrote:Eventually some scientist who happens to be a furry is going to be researching gene splicing, and create an anthropomorphic creature.
... that's what my friend plans on spending his life figuring out how to do.
tony1695
tony1695
New Fur

Motto : Give me three minutes with an internet connection, and I will scar you for life!
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum