Fur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here

Go down

Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here Empty Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here

Post by Envy661 Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:57 am

This thread is dedicated to short stories. If you have a short story that takes up less than a page and a half, post it below!

--PLEASE ONLY POST SHORT STORIES HERE IF THEY ARE LESS THAN 1 1/2 PAGES IN LENGTH!--

Last edited by Envy661 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here Empty Re: Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here

Post by Envy661 Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 am

The storm was vivid and dark, like an eerie remnant of a tragedy yet to come. There was no moon that could be seen through the density of the pitch-black storm clouds. It was as if the maker himself was raining judgment down on all who oppose him. In the dead of this storm, in the middle of a great wood, stood a small shack, swaying in the force of the wind.
Four walls, two windows, and no door. This shack was barely a place of shelter from a storm this harrowing. Made solely out of twigs and branches, with scrap sheet metal found down by the creek, pieces of it were flying off with every gale. Inside the shack, a woman sits on her knees clutching a child, trying to spare him from the unforgiving elements. The woman, no older than twenty-two, sits with fear in her eyes, praying for the child’s safety.
The storm does not subside – It intensifies with every gust. Soon, funnels rain down and take shape into violent twisters that seem to be powered by demonic essence. Trees are uprooted and flung for miles, but the shack remains.
Tears run down the woman’s face, as she sees nature being revoked from the land. Soon, nothing but a barren, flood-filled moore lays in front of her. He shack, down to the supports anchoring it down, no longer has a ceiling protecting her and her child from the revenging storm. She gently sets the child down into a hollowed stump, prepared in advance for such an occasion, before walking into the heart of the storm.
The epicenter of the storm circles above her head, and a flash of lightning strikes at her feet. The woman is blasted backward and onto an unforgiving forest ground. But still she stands, continuing onward, her severed arm left behind. She looks toward the sky, as the epicenter opens to a hurricane-like eye, the bright blue sky shown above it, but it is short lived. A blackness fills the eye as a giant structure moves over it. The center of the structure opens to reveal a flash of light, that rains down as if from the heavens, breaking the storm apart.
Nothing remains in the land below. All is quiet – The great wood desolate and broken. No animals remain, and yet, off in the distance, there lays a stump, with a sleeping infant resting his tear-filled and frightened eyes, dreaming of a better world where everything would be at peace.

Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here Empty Re: Short Stories Thread. Post your short stories here

Post by Envy661 Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 am

It has long been thought that Paul had dark intentions with his relationship with Bethanie, but thoughts are just that. They had been together for nearly two years of their highschool life, and Bethanie always seems like the happiest girl alive, that is, until the day her parents found her with a knife in her back, dead at her desk.
Everyone though Paul did it. No one gave a single thought to her committing suicide. Her best friends Melody and Jacob vowed revenge. They had done that with a lot of things though, as they were overprotective of Bethanie, and had always hated Paul.
The thing that shocked everyone, however, was when Melody and Jacob were out of town on a school field trip, and Paul was discovered in the men’s restroom with a knife in his back, the same way Bethanie was killed. Questions sprouted up everywhere, and no amount of gossip or rumors could satisfy the student’s desire for the truth.
When Melody and Jacob’s class arrived back at the campus, Melody ran up to me that day, telling me Jacob had been killed. He was found in the Taffy factory in the executive’s office with a knife in his back, like Paul and Bethanie. Unrest spread through the school, and students slowly stopped showing up altogether. Soon, Melody stopped coming as well.
As it turns out, all the students were killed the same way Beth, Paul, and Jacob were – A knife in the back. Melody was not among the victims – Not yet anyway. That night, I snuck over to Melody’s house to check up on her. Climbed the window to her room. She welcomed me in. We talked about all that was happening, and spoke of who was causing it. She smirked, and began to chuckle. I smiled back at her as I pulled a sheet of paper from my pocket. I told her my half was done, and she said the same. Everything was taken care of. The two of us had successfully murdered everyone at Dustin Isaac Eulord Highschool.

Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down