Fur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ Thread

4 posters

Go down

FAQ Thread Empty FAQ Thread

Post by Envy661 Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 am

Got any questions? Feel free to ask them here!
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

FAQ Thread Empty Re: FAQ Thread

Post by Envy661 Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:11 am

Some general information:

-The forum runs on PHBB3.
-HTML is NOT enabled for forum posts.
-WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) for forum postings is not enabled, because I hate that system (yes, that is the actual reason).
-I am not going to tell you what thingies are, so don't bother asking.
-The host of the website is Forumotion.com
-This is the fourth website I have made
-We are very lenient, but aren't afraid to ban.
-Forum rules are still being worked out, so until then, follow standard forum protocol that most sites share until further notice.
-If you ask to be a mod, you most likely won't be one
-There are no moderator applications. Mods are chosen based off of activity, maturity on the forum, respect shown toward other members, respect of the rules, and contributions to the forum. None are guaranteed to get you the job, but it will increase your chances if you follow these guidelines. The easier you make the admin's lives, the more you may be rewarded for it Wink
-There will only ever be two admins. Someone other than an admin may gain admin rights, but it will not affect the forum in any way. The reason would be based solely on helping improve internal components to the site, such as the chatbox, and other forum functions. If a day comes where we have additional administrators, The process to select one, as well as the time or reason for selecting one, will be kept secret, so basically, you won't know it has happened until it has happened.
-Being banned means you are IP banned.
-Anyone can submit a report on offensive posts from another member.
-You can only post once every 45 seconds.
-You can only create one account per day.
-You can only glomp a user once every 5 minutes.

Last edited by Envy661 on Thu May 05, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:36 am

I actually have an issue with the ban being an IP ban, that means that you can't appeal your ban. So, if you were wrongly banned, you have no chance of being unbanned.

At least not without contacting one of the admins over IM or something. But not everybody has an instant messenger.

Last edited by Lief on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Lief
Lief
ShadowPaw

Registration date : 2011-03-14
Glomps : 0
Motto : Who the hell has mottos nowadays?
Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Amazing Mr. X Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:59 am

Lief wrote:I actually have an issue with the ban being an IP ban, that means that you can't appeal your ban. So, if you were wrongly banned, you have no chance of being unbanned.

At least not without contacting one of the admins over IM or something. But not everybody has an instant messenger.
While I have to agree to an extent, furry forums do demand a little more critical attention in the banning department, as generally furry forums are more frequently the target of trolling, hacking, and denial of service attacks. All of which, within reason, can be stopped by simply blocking IPs. While on the other hand, a normal static ban can be bypassed by creating multiple accounts and doing other nefarious things with what limited access you still have. The trade off here is that the admins and moderators are supposed to be very lenient. Banning isn't a continual tool here like it is on some other forums, it's a very serious show of god-like power reserved for very serious offenses. The standard user would likely get multiple topics locked and receive multiple warnings far before a ban is even considered, and there are other actions we prefer to take before banning members.

By the same token, we can demote and ban moderators who brake these rules as well, and remove bans on members wrongly banned by moderators. This also goes for possible future admins who abuse their unique privileges.

Remember, these rules are in place for your benefit and safety, not to force you to post or think exactly as we see fit. Have no fear, we are here to serve the community, not destroy it.

We may also set up an email account for disputing bans in the future, as you need an email just to sign up here. For now though, without any moderators yet, you can rest assured Envy and myself will only ban when it is absolutely necessary and no other action can be taken.
Amazing Mr. X
Amazing Mr. X
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-22
Glomps : 6
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy661 Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:07 am

Basically, what X said, and don't worry too much over mod decisions either.
It is my hope that by the time we appoint our first mod, there will be clear-cut rules so everyone knows what is going over the line, as well as a free session to Envy's School of Leniency for said appointed mod.

If you have ever been to HaloTracker.com, then you may realize at some point that their ideals when it comes to rules are wheat we here at FurForum follow. It will be rare that anyone gets banned. I mean, Halotracker.com isn't even a year old yet and in its presence, it has only banned about 3 members total, of the over 100 active forum and chatbox posting members.
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Lief Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:17 am

Right. Still not a fan of the instant IP ban, instead of just an account ban, but perhaps that's coming from an admin standpoint and not a user standpoint. Either way, while I may not agree with it, I can accept it.

Last edited by Lief on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lief
Lief
ShadowPaw

Registration date : 2011-03-14
Glomps : 0
Motto : Who the hell has mottos nowadays?
Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy661 Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:29 am

Lief wrote:Right. Still not a fan of the instant IP ban, instead of just an account ban, but perhaps that's coming from an admin standpoint and not a user standpoint. Either way, while I may not agree with it, I can accept it.

And don't worry, it won't come without fair warning, unless in a situation where the conflict has to be resolved immediately, in which case the ban would only last a short duration, like 15 minutes or so.
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzo08 Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:18 am

I definatly think you should apoint your first moderator at the 25 users point ^_^
Lizzo08
Lizzo08
Major Pack Supporter

Registration date : 2011-03-12
Glomps : 5
Motto : Just bitch's and hoe's.
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Amazing Mr. X Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 am

Lizzo08 wrote:I definatly think you should apoint your first moderator at the 25 users point ^_^
While I'm sure Envy would do that, I'm more inclined to wait until a clear candidate is present. Which may take far more, or far less time.
Amazing Mr. X
Amazing Mr. X
Shining Paw of Authority

Registration date : 2009-02-22
Glomps : 6
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy661 Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 am

Amazing Mr. X wrote:
Lizzo08 wrote:I definatly think you should apoint your first moderator at the 25 users point ^_^
While I'm sure Envy would do that, I'm more inclined to wait until a clear candidate is present. Which may take far more, or far less time.

And Lizzo..... Quit asking about it. Please.
Envy661
Envy661
Shining Paw of Authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzo08 Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 am

I wasnt asking i was suggesting a date for whoever you choose!
Lizzo08
Lizzo08
Major Pack Supporter

Registration date : 2011-03-12
Glomps : 5
Motto : Just bitch's and hoe's.
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down